Writing and Presentations. Articles, proposals, exhibit texts, presentations, and websites all need clear, simple language to be effective. As with any visual element of a project, the written or spoken word grows from understanding the story being told, and the audience to be reached. My audiences for presentations have included corporate executives, citizen advocacy groups, sunburned tourists at a National Park, gymnasiums full of sixth graders, and thousands of museum visitors.
- Author, Smithsonian Air & Space Magazine: Cliff Turpin, King of the Air, January 2016
- Author, Smithsonian Air & Space Magazine: The Best Built Airplane That Ever Was, December 2015
- Author (with Dan Patterson). World War I Air Combat Smithsonian Air & Space Magazine, December 2014.
- Author. The Accidental Record Setter. Smithsonian Air & Space Magazine, July 2014.
- Author. The Most Talented Aviation Pioneer You've Never Heard of. Smithsonian Air & Space Magazine, May 2014.
- Author. Buy Your Plane at Pennys. Smithsonian Air & Space Magazine, November 2013.
- Author. Lindbergh's Trainer: The Brunner-Winkle Bird Smithsonian Air & Space Magazine, April 2013.
- Author. Kings of the Air: Two Showmen, One Dirigible, and the Flight that Changed the American Sky. Smithsonian Air & Space Magazine, February 2013.
- Author, video producer. Or Die Trying. Smithsonian Air & Space Magazine, 2012
- Photographer. The Coolbaugh Ely-Curtiss Pusher. Sport Aviation Magazine, 2011
- Photography featured in Flying, American Heritage, Aviation Week & Space Technology, Stern, 2003-2011
- Author. Ladies and Gentlemen, the Aeroplane! Smithsonian Air & Space Magazine, 2008
- Author, photographer. Learning to Fly. The Washington Post Magazine, 2003
Website, all photographs and text © Glenshaw Creative, Inc., 2016