Content Development. Each project begins with listening. Each ends with the story told, the budget and deadline met, and the medium just right. By listening first, we make sure we're working the right solution together, and that we can tell your story as well as you know it.
Co-director, co-producer The Lafayette Escadrille, a documentary film.
Author, Smithsonian Air & Space Magazine
Commentator, NPR affiliate WYSO. Links to history commentaries written, prroduced and narrated by Paul Glenshaw.
Exhibit Projects, College Park Aviation Museum. Curator, writer, designer, producer.
- Over here & Over there: Aviation and Prince George's County During World War I Opening March 2016.The Plane of Tomorrow, Today! Celebrating the Ercoupe 2013 (updated 2015).
- The Biological Flyers of College Park 2015.
- Flying Force: The Prince George's County Helicopter Unit 2014.
- The Rescue of College Park Airport 2013-2014.
- "He Taught Me Everything I Know..." A Centennial Celebration of the Life of Arthur "Al" Welsh, Washington Aviation Legend. 2012.
- An Engine Named Judy, a Helicopter Named Gamera. 2012.
- Pioneers on the Paint Branch. 2011
- Amid Cheers of Thousands. 2009
- Writer, designer, animator: The Wright Brothers' Catapult. 2007
- Triumph, Tragedy, Taking Flight: The Photographs of Charles MacCartee. 2006
Content developer/Interactive designer:
Cognitive Applications, Inc. 2000-2005. Managed US office of a UK-based company specializing in content-rich technology and media projects for educational institutions, including:
- The Baltimore Museum of Art. Painted Prints: The Revelation of Color. Project manager for online exhibit of hand-colored Renaissance prints.
- The Voyager Foundation. Client liaison and production artist for interactive DVD-ROM The Magical Worlds of Joseph Cornell, winner of gold medal MUSE award.
- The Waterford Foundation. Designer and producer of interactive documentary about the Second Street School, an African-American one-room schoolhouse.
- The JC Raulston Arboretum. Project manager of web-based orientation kiosk for research arboretum at North Carolina State University.
- National Park Service. Exhibit Curator/Producer. The Wright Experience: Five Challenges to Flight. Wright Brothers National Memorial. Conceived exhibit, wrote all text and interactive scripts, provided all images and video. Coordinated fund raising, supervised production and installation between three vendors.
- The Wright Experience. Interactive/Website Producer, content developer. Wrote, designed, and produced 14 educational sites commissioned by the US Centennial of Flight Commission.
National Museum of African Art, 1996-2000.
Developed and produced all content for museum's web site and stand-alone multimedia projects in coordination with curators and educators. Subjects included:
- Olowe of Ise - Master Yoruba Sculptor
- Adrinkra and Kente fabric arts and traditions
- Oshogbo Art of the 1960s
- Traditional African Headgear
- South African photographer Constance Stuart Larabee
- Post-Apartheid Art from South Africa
- African influences on Art Deco designer Pierre Legrain
- The Nigerian Nsukka Group of contemporary artists
- Treasures from the Tervuren Collection, Belgium
National Gallery of Art, 1994-1996.
Collaborated on content development, produced and coded Micro Gallery Features: in-depth presentations on individual works of art that investigated narrative, conservation, iconography, historical context, technique. Subjects included:
- Jan Van Eyck, The Annunciation
- Titian and Bellini, The Feast of the Gods
- Johannes Vermeer, Woman Holding a Balance
- John Singleton Copley, Watson and the Shark
- Edouard Manet, The Railway
- Jackson Pollock, Lavender Mist
Website, all photographs and text © Glenshaw Creative, Inc., 2016